Saturday, May 31, 2008

The good, the bad, the ugly

I decided early this week that we were going to get all the boys pictures taken at Sears. I had this image of a cute picture hanging at Nana's house of my three boys sitting looking at the camera smiling (I was expecting miracles). Instead Jay's expectations for the boys was more realistic.


I had enough sense to bring Jay with me. I don't think Thomas or Phillip would have survived without Jay. When we got there the lady took her time preparing the room which was the first mistake. By the time she had everything ready, Thomas and Phillip were done playing the "good boy" game and proceeded to chase each other around the desk. Guy had spit up everywhere, and I am peaking behind the desk for any coupons better than what I had (I found a great one, but it was for Sears employees only).


She started taking Guys pictures which we got some great ones:



Then she decided to just add the boys. Which was cute, "just add" Phillip and Thomas. How hard would that be....HA!HA!HA!. During the past five minutes of taking Guys pictures. Thomas and Phillip were running behind the curtain and found two old balloons. Well when it came time to "just add them". I realized Thomas was going to have a total melt down when I took the balloon away so he was able to hold the balloon in the picture:



As you can see, the photographer was a very sweet girl, but she did not believe or did not know how to position kids. These shots went around for a couple of minutes, and then she decided to take a couple of Phillip and Guy.



She should have done a couple of Phillip and Thomas and Thomas and Guy at that point, but instead she took a couple of Phillip with the five.


Now Thomas thought that five was pretty cool, so the lady made a great decision of bringing out the two for Thomas:

Yes Thomas is trying to climb the two....



Then we attempted to take pictures of Thomas and Guy, but Thomas would not even sit on the background. I told Thomas that he was going to regret not having his pictures taken with his brothers someday (Yeah, he could have cared less).

Well, I wanted a patriotic background because that was the whole outfit scheme so I asked for one more. This picture is going to be treasured in my house forever. These are my little boys, that someday are going to be smelly teenagers with girlfriends who show too much midriff. I will look back at this very stressful day with fond memories, and wish they were that small again. However, this picture day we ended up fulfilling Jay's one goal for the kids: all of them be in the frame :



How do the Duggar's get all their kids in a picture looking at the camera and smiling at the same time?

No comments: