Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I won an award!!!

This is not the best picture of me, however, here is me and my award.

Well I don't want to brag, mainly because I feel like I did not do a whole lot at the school this year. However, I did win Amboy's Elementary volunteer of the year award. It is going to look great on a resume in a couple of years. I was honored with the other recipients at a really nice ceremony at a local church this past week. The food was good (I would love to get the recipe for the chicken casserole), and the NLRHS dancers preformed. NLR High School has tapping, jazz and other dancing class electives, which I think is neat. We never had that many options in high school. Thomas was at Mother's Day Out so my date was Guy. He was so well behaved that many people did not know that there was a baby there until I left. The award itself was really neat. What they did was had a contest at each school and the two winners were framed and given to the award recipients (Volunteer and sponsor of the year.)

What surprised me was I was the youngest person there. Most of the recipients were retirees. Which makes me hope that there are some of our generation volunteering. Well, probably at a school with more active volunteers the young parents are just overshadowed. Anyway, I just wanted to share.

1 comment: