Sunday, June 8, 2008

An eventful weekend



This weekend we went and picked up Phillip from Nana Camp. We had a very busy weekend planned. Friday night we went up to Chicken Creek to visit with my friends Christina and Katrina. I had not seen them in years, and since then we have all got married and had kids. All of our kids are about the same age and they had a lot of fun. Zoie, Christina's daughter, is only a month younger than Thomas. She is a sweet, spunky little girl, you can see her mother in her. Katrina's daughter was so quiet and sweet. Phillip befriended Elvin quickly, and they enjoyed sharing a lunchable together. I really miss them, and I wish we could have visited longer.




The next day my dad, brother and I went up to Springdale to visit the Shiloh Museum. The Shiloh Museum was having an exhibit called "following the crops". It was exploring the migrant farm camps, and several of the pictures in the exhibit was my family. Several of my Uncles and Aunts came to spend the day talking about the camp with the lady that created the exhibit. We spent 2 hours talking and having fun. Afterwards we went to AQ Chicken and then back home. One thing I really enjoyed was spending time with just my brother and my dad. I don't remember the last time us three went out together. I love hearing my dad and brother talk shop.
My mom and Sister in law had the rest of the clan at my mom's house. At one point all four of the boys were asleep. How they managed that I do not know, but it was a miracle.


When I got back to mom's house. I loaded the boys up and we went to visit with Theresa and her clan. We always enjoying going to Mrs. Jackies and visiting. Zach is getting so tall and lanky, and the kids love playing with all the toys. Afterwards, we went to Robyn's house. Greyson was so excited to see us he kept squealing. The kids enjoyed playing, but it was getting really late and it was time to rest.


The next morning we slowly got our stuff together and went back to the Rock. I was glad to be home but the children were monsters.

No comments: