Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Great Free Saturday activity...

Thomas wearing his safety goggles upside down..





Thomas and Phillip checking out what they just made

The family having fun at Lowe's





This Saturday we went to our first Build & Grow clinic at Lowe'ss and had a great time. They do the clinics every other Saturday, they are free, and they are a great learning activity. The kids received a free apron, goggles, and a patch for completeing their activity. The activity all ready has the predrilled holes which makes hammering easy. Plus, the hammers are kids size. Phillip almost hit my fingers twice hammering. The kids and Jay really enjoyed making the project, and I am looking forward to going again in a couple of weeks. Next time is a memory box.



Afterwards we went to Wally-World to get some odds and ends, and then ended the day with a special treat of Happy Meals from McDonalds.



I just keep thinking that I would not be able to do this if I still worked at the Girl Scouts. I am so thankful that I am able to spend this time with my family.

1 comment:

Green Darner said...

Wow! What fun! I didn't know Lowe's offered such a thing.

It looks like Jay and the boys had a great time!